Famous for its fight against mining companies, Intag communities and organizations offer volunteer programs for people interested in collaborating with our sustainable development. In particular we need people to help us in:
- Comunity tourism (in promotion and as tour guides)
- Flora and fauna studies
- Antrophology and sociology studies
- Archaeological studies
- English classes for tourist guides and in the local school
- Fair trade work with the women group, teaching cooking classes, crafts with local products, arts in general.
- Environmental education and working in the organic garden
- Helath assistance to the community
- Computer Classes (to a distance high-school education group and grade school kids)
The program cost depend on how long the volunteer will work in the community and on which type of job he will perform.
Usually the volunteer will stay with a local family. Otherwise, and whenever possible, it is possible to lodge in existing tourist ecolodges. All costs are to be covered by the volunteers.
If you need more information about our community and our projects (tourism and fair trade) please visit Decoin website : www.decoin.org
If you are interested in our program, please send a mail complete with personal details to either Ms. Marcia Rarmírez at community tourism Junin (direccion: firstname.lastname@example.org) or to
Mr.Carlos Zorrilla at Decoin (direccion: email@example.com).